Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The hunt

It took me a few months of searching on Craigslist, Rennlist Vehicle Marketplace, www.salvagecarsale.com and Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. to find a donor car. Rennlist is a forum focused on Porsche topics including classifieds -- you have to pay to post classifieds. SalvageCarSale.com searches ebay for salvage cars. The IAAI is a large auto auction website. The IAAI site was interesting to see what was available and bid prices, but ultimately it was not useful to me because I could not participate in the auctions as I am not a dealer/business. SalvageCarSale.com ended up being the most useful. In the end, I found the donor car on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment