Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Electrical system design

I've been on the road the past few weeks, so I've been spending time researching all the products I need to consider as part of the system design.  I think I've settled on the main drive motor, speed controller, and battery pack voltage and AH rating.  Below is the current block diagram for the system.

Here is picture of the Warp11HV motor and a link to the spec sheet from the manufacturer.

Here is a picture of the Soliton1 1000Amp liquid cooled motor controller with a link to some specs from the manufacturer.




No comments:

Post a Comment