Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Adapter plate and coupler shipped!

Stupendous news for the week, I received a shipping confirmation number from Charlie at EVCouplerConnection.com and the parts should arrive on Tuesday!  For a long time, the adapter and coupler have been the items pacing the completion of the drive-train and rear-engine compartment contents. 

Yesterday I extended the length of the shielded wire attached to the accelerator-pedal hall-effect sensor.  I had to drill some holes in the firewall to route the wire out of the cockpit and run down a channel under the car to the rear engine compartment where the speed controller resides.  The hall-effect sensor determines the pedal position and is an input to the speed controller to determine how much energy to deliver from the batteries to the electric motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment