Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Motor temporarily installed - testing rotation now

I mounted the motor coupler and the adapter plates and new spacer plate.  It was tough work to get everything to cram together.  FYI, the Warp11HV motor case is the longest motor you can put into this car without cutting up the rear bumper frame...  I'm lucky it fits!  After I got everything in place, I hooked up the power and spun the motor to idle at 700 RPM.  I then shifted the car into Drive -- nothing happened.  The motor spins, but the wheels do not.  The wheels spin freely when in nuetral (and while in Drive).  I tried reverse, hit the gas pedal to increase the RPMs, but still no wheel spinning.  The transmission didn't just work out of the box, so now I have to debug whats up with that.  Any ideas? Please let me know!
 Side view of the motor adapter plate attached to motor and transmission.
This is the view looking downward into the engine cavity.

No comments:

Post a Comment