Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Success!! Wheels are spinning!

After a week of anticipation and anxiety, I finally got the wheels spinning.  I think the culprit was lack of ATF fluid and resulting low system pressure.  What finally made things work was running the motor in idle while the transmission was in Park.  I let it run for a good 10 minutes, while continuing to add ATF fluid in the fill until it was full.  Then when I put the car in drive, the transmission snapped into gear and the wheels spun.  Here is a quick video.


Once that was proven out, I went to work to finalize the motor compartment. I finished off the aluminum plates to hold the rear batteries and made a stand off for the Soliton1 that straddles the motor a few inches above the battery plates and motor.
 This weekend I will attempt to finish up the remaining items so I can get this thing on the road.  I need to make few battery cables, wire up the eMotorwerks Android dashboard display, and put my Arduino that fakes out the RPM sensors into a nice box and permanently mount in the car.  More to come in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment