After a week of anticipation and anxiety, I finally got the wheels spinning. I think the culprit was lack of ATF fluid and resulting low system pressure. What finally made things work was running the motor in idle while the transmission was in Park. I let it run for a good 10 minutes, while continuing to add ATF fluid in the fill until it was full. Then when I put the car in drive, the transmission snapped into gear and the wheels spun. Here is a quick video.
Once that was proven out, I went to work to finalize the motor compartment. I finished off the aluminum plates to hold the rear batteries and made a stand off for the Soliton1 that straddles the motor a few inches above the battery plates and motor.
This weekend I will attempt to finish up the remaining items so I can get this thing on the road. I need to make few battery cables, wire up the eMotorwerks Android dashboard display, and put my Arduino that fakes out the RPM sensors into a nice box and permanently mount in the car. More to come in a few days.