Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jacking up the car

This past week I had some time to do some major work on the car.  First I jacked the car up to get to all the goodies underneath. While in the air, I removed the front 24 batteries, tightened the transmission shift linkage, added ATF fluid, hooked up brush-wear feedback wires to the power steering pump, plumbed in two coolant heaters to heat the cabin, and hooked up the electrical stuff to turn the heaters on from the cabin.  Here is a video jacking up the car and removing the front battery pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment