The sun was out again today and it may have hit 40F. Last night I swapped out the RPM wires with shielded cable and this morning I tested it out and put 16 miles on the car at high speeds (80-100MPH) without any issues.
Wahoo! Things seem to be working for now.
After getting home and charging at a nice slow 6amps all afternoon, the charger reported ~42AH going into the pack which roughly equates to 13.4KWH. Which means while driving at high speeds, the car burns 839WH/Mile which is about 1.2 Miles per KWH.
So traveling at high speeds, I should budget about 32 miles of range, which leaves 5.1KWH buffer so I don't wreck the batteries... Good to know. Tomorrow I will do some more *normal* driving experiments.