Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The car has arrived!


After a few weeks of heavy anticipation, the car finally arrived in Plymouth, MN on 12/03/2011. The trip from Sacramento, CA took six days from the time it was picked up at Capital One Auto Dismantlers in Rancho Cordova, CA by the car hauler company MGM Transport. I worked with Leo @ MGM, if you decide to use them, let him know Kurt Larson sent you! Maybe he will send me a coupon for next time, ha. His cell number is 916-868-2415.

The big rig would not deliver to a residential address so I had the truck deliver deliver to the nearest business address. Here is a picture of the truck pulling up.
Here is a close up of the car still on the trailer.

The car engine doesn't start, so we had to push it off the trailer. That was a lot of work! My brother had to help.



Then we used a tow strap to tow the car back to my garage. Notice the fresh christmas tree on top of the truck!

Here is a close up of getting towed!

No comments:

Post a Comment