Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hazardous waste disposal day

Today my brother and I pumped the fuel out of the gas tank into a few 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot.  I dropped off the foul gasoline and the antifreeze I collected a few weeks ago at the Hennepin County Hazardous Waste drop-off site.  I am actually glad this service is available -- it was a very slick drop-off experience.

The electronic components to create the drive and control system are going to cost a hefty sum, so I've started to sell the fuel, exhaust, and coolant pieces that I can part with.  If you're repairing a Porsche 996 - these might be great inexpensive options for your project.

Center Radiator
Coolant System Distributor Piece 1
Fuel Tank
Left Muffler
Right Muffler


No comments:

Post a Comment