Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Throttle pot arrived

My plan is to use the Soliton1 motor controller -- the input that converts the traditional press-of-the-pedal to motor output is a throttle pot.  The EVnetics throttle pot arrived today.  It uses hall effect sensors to detect the position of the lever.  The lever will eventually hook up to the existing gas pedal cable system already in place in the car.  Below is a video of the parts and how the device actuates.  I am very impressed by the rugged aluminum construction.  I can't wait to get the actual motor controller in house!

No comments:

Post a Comment