Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Batteries Arrived!

Two major milestones this week. 1) I was able to tow/push the car from the old house to the new house.  2) The Lithium batteries were delivered.

This is the car in the new garage, wahoo! Now I can jack it up and finally pull out the engine!

Here is a battery pack out of the box.  Each battery pack is 4 individual cells bound together by metal bands and terminals pre-wired together to make a single ~12.8V pack.  Over the next few weeks I will be finalizing my Battery Management System approach so I can start building my battery packs into the car frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment