Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Power steering pump

The power steering pump arrived.  Its way larger than I originally thought.  This is a new electric hydraulic steering pump from a Toyota MR 2.  Here is a link for some help on how I plan to hook it up to the rest of the system.  This replaces the hydraulic pump that used to be attached to the gas engine.  The hydraulic fluid assists the steering mechanism to make steering the car easier.  Thank you to all the EV'ers that have done this before me!  Some pictures included below with size reference.



No comments:

Post a Comment