Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Engine Removed!

I took a vacation day today so I could dedicate a full 8 continuous hours to the car project.  I'm happy to post that the evil gas engine has been removed from the vehicle!  The video shows time-lapse of lowering the engine and transmission, then lifting the car frame higher off the ground to be able to scoot the engine & transmission out from under the frame.  Then I removed all tubes and pipes that were hidden by the engine -- another 14 pounds of junk...  I also started playing with battery placement, ensuring my calculations match up with the real world.  So far so good.


1 comment: