Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Throttle pedal assembly

Taking a break from the engine/trans work, I started work on the accelerator pedal.  When you depress the pedal, it pulls on a steel cable that is about 1 foot long.  The end of the cable is mounted to a spring loaded rotational sensor that provides the ECU pedal position feedback.  My electric motor controller uses a different rotational sensor so I had to build some brackets to get it mounted in the cavity left by removing the previous sensor.  Below are some photos of the aluminum brackets that I crafted and the cable routing path.


No comments:

Post a Comment