Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

350V Wiring Complete!

I wrapped up wiring the BMS and main pack wires to the additional 24 cells today bringing the pack to a grand total of 96 cells and 350V(at peak charge).  I was careful to verify the BMS wiring before plugging into the OrionBMS controller to make sure I didn't repeat history and blow a fuse from an out of order wire.  Lucky for me, I did it right the first time.  With a few software adjustments the OrionBMS now reports all the batteries without any warnings.  I also adjusted the charger for 96 cells and recalibrated the high voltage cut-off point.

Despite charging the 24 cells before putting them into the car, their voltages are lower than the other 72 so now I'm working on balancing the pack again.

All I need to do now to get this thing back on the road is attach the plastic belly pan and make the snow melt outside!  Hurry up Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment