Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Buttoning up the bottom

Today I finished cutting the HDPE plastic to fit the underside of the engine cavity and I mounted it to the bottom of the car.  Lots of cutting and monkey business to get it to fit.  It should act as good protection from the grit coming off the road and tires as well as help the underside aerodynamics.

I'm also continuing to balance the rest of the cells.  It looks like 92 of them are doing great, and one pack (4 cells) are a bit lower than the rest, so I just need those to come up a bit and I can call it good.



No comments:

Post a Comment