Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Cell bus bar resistances

I have not finished the heater/coolant pump wiring, but I have been driving my car daily, which has been awesome now that the weather is finally cooperating.

At the end of each day I've been printing a report from the BMS that shows each cell's resistance and I've been tracking the ones that are reporting higher than the cell manufacture's specified 1.8 mOhms.  Over time I have been disassembling, cleaning, and re-assembling the buss bars for the cells that are reporting high resistances.  This process, so far, has removed the high resistance issues that are being reported on those cells.  So far, I've cleaned the 4 easiest to reach cells, but have another 20 or so to clean.  Here is a view of the "before" report.  Cell #3 was the first one I cleaned, and it is now reporting closer to 2mOhms.


No comments:

Post a Comment